Located just outside of St. Louis, Missouri, “M1” (also referred to as the “Company”) is a single location, full-service restaurant with nearly a century of excellence serving superior country cuisine. The Restaurant’s menu contains a variety of highly-praised and longstanding options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. M1’s fare can be categorized as “country,” with contemporary choices also available. Prices are reasonable for the nearby geographical area but are well below comparable restaurants in the greater metropolitan St. Louis region.
M1’s beef is 100 percent locally-sourced, providing the Company a host of benefits, ranging from price to quality. M1’s strong relationships with local farmers enable the restaurant to purchase its cattle at lower-than-industry prices, demonstrated by the Company’s superior gross margins. Quality is unmatched, with all of the restaurant’s cows raised hormone-free. Customers know they’re dining on locally-sourced, hormone, and antibiotic-free Angus beef.
No matter the meal of choice, patrons are accustomed to M1’s quality food, generous portion sizes, and reasonable prices. In addition to its popular menu items, the Company’s lavish dessert offerings, made-from-scratch homemade pies, and secret dressings have helped establish M1 as a well-known “must-visit” attraction throughout the Midwest for generations.
Strong Financial Performance
• Strong and consistent sales, exceeding $1.0 million annually on an absentee-owner basis
• Superior financial performance, with a gross margin of 70+% vs. the industry margin of 52%
• 2019 sellers’ discretionary earnings (“SDE”) ratio exceeded the 90th industry percentile as reported by DealStats
• Highly visible path to greater-than-industry growth rates and profitability margin expansion that assumes no major capital spending
• Established base of recurring revenues through multi-generational customer relationships
• Excellent gross margin of approximately 70%; SDE margin of 21% with clear path for growth
• Trained and experienced staff, familiar with the community and M1’s patrons
• No significant capital spending needed to increase top-line growth and profitability
• Demonstrated ability to exceed customer expectations, supported by almost 1,000 online reviews and a near 5-star rating
• Company is well-suited for expansion opportunities and positioned for accelerated growth
• Highly-profitable and predictable performance with passive management offers a rare opportunity for an active owner
• Tremendous price-improvement opportunities to further enhance bottom-line profit margins
• The owner is seeking liquidity of his ownership of the Company
• His objective is to find an investor willing to capitalize on the Company’s tremendous growth opportunities
• Stone Capital Consulting, LLC has been engaged as the Company’s advisor to facilitate the sale of the Company
To learn more about this opportunity, click below!
And be sure to sign up for our newsletter to get information on future listings.